Hey-hey! We track the number of tickers' mentions on social media for all US public companies on a daily basis to let your investment decisions be more data-driven! The logic is simple - the more positive/negative chatter around the company on social networks such as Reddit and Twitter - the more chances that its stock price will change.
The new week has just started and we'd like to show you the top 5 most discussed tickers on Twitter for the last week. Let's see which companies were on the hype wave and what were the reasons for it:
1. I-Mab ($IMAB) - a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes biologics to treat cancer and autoimmune disorders.
Btw, it's one of the most perspective pharmaceutical stocks, just look how their shares have grown over the 2020 year:
2. iSpecimen Inc. ($ISPC) - provides technology that connects life science researchers who need human biofluids, tissues, and living cells for their research with biospecimens available in healthcare provider organizations worldwide.
iSpecimen stock was on the move since Monday after announcing partnerships with the U.S. Government and private researchers for Covid-19 research. After it, more than 56 million shares of $ISPC stock have been traded (just to let you go deep into the numbers, the company’s daily average trading volume is about 65K shares. And as a result, the stock price has doubled within a couple of days:
3. Longeveron Inc. ($LGVN) - a clinical-stage biotechnology company, engages in developing cellular therapies for aging-related and life-threatening conditions.
You can see that the $LGVN stock has been actively discussed over the 2 past weeks - the reason is that on Nov. 18 they announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted a Rare Pediatric Disease designation to experimental drug Lomecel-B in treating a rare congenital heart defect. And from that moment, the company's shares have jumped close to 11 times higher (WOW). The big increase was caused by an epic short-squeeze around the stock:
4. Matrix Service company ($MTRX) - the company provides engineering, fabrication, infrastructure, construction, and maintenance services primarily to the oil, gas, power, petrochemical, industrial, agricultural, mining, and minerals markets in the United States, Canada, South Korea, Australia, and internationally.
5. Baytex Energy Corp. ($BTE) - an oil and gas company, acquires, develops, and produces oil and natural gas in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin and in the Eagle Ford, the United States.
What do you think about this top? It's interesting that the top 3 discussed companies are from the biotechnology sector, which previously (before the pandemic) was popular only among a narrow range of biotech and pharma investors. And now these stocks have already entered the lives of traders too! We trust these stocks are worth following and can bring lots of even more fascinating insights in the future.
Today's analysis is available here as always: https://contora.ai/top_companies?industry=all&growth=ticker mentions on twitter&over=last month
You can easily check other alternative data points for these 4 companies (and any other US public company) just by clicking on their tickers :)