Probably, it is not even worth mentioning the popularity crypto sphere on social platforms - millions of subreddit members, every-second messages, and discussions in Discord/Telegram crypto channels. It feels that the crypto world is already moving faster than the speed of light! The number of crypto projects grows every day with thousands of people shouting that this particular coin will reach the Moon!
Digging into all this mess, it's quite a hard challenge to manually assess what cryptos are worth investing in by their social activity. Our team analyzed the social performance of 7,700 crypto projects on the most popular platforms - Reddit, Discord, and Telegram - historically, all discussions of early coins adopters have taken place on these platforms.
We monitor various statistics in crypto chats and channels which includes the number of chat members, the number of posts and comments per day, and sentiment analysis for Reddit.
In today's post, we'll dive into the analytics and see the most popular crypto projects by the number of chat members in Discord and Telegram.
Discord goes first
1. Axie Infinity (AXS) (and Smooth Love Potion (SLP)) with 796K Discord members - blockchain-based trading and battling game that is partially owned and operated by its players. SLP tokens are earned by playing the Axie Infinity game. This digital asset serves as a replacement for experience points.
2. Plant Vs Undead (PVU) with 418K Discord members - is a free NFT play-to-earn game that was launched in June 2021. The main goal of the project is to provide the players with a free-to-play game, in contrast to other games, which require an initial investment.
Over the past couple of months, PVU has started receiving more and more negative comments and reviews on social platforms, people shouting that the developers have already ruined the game. And as we can see, the development activity on GitHub has dropped down to zero since October 2021:
3. Illuvium (ILV) with 394K Discord members - is an open-world fantasy battle game built on the Ethereum blockchain. Often touted as the first AAA game on Ethereum, Illuvium looks to provide a source of entertainment to both casual gamers and hardcore DeFi fans through a range of collecting and trading features.
Telegram is next:
1. Musk Metaverse (METAMUSK) with 810K Telegram members - MetaMusk Token's fundamental objective is to transform the monetary system.
In addition to the leading position in the number of Telegram channel members, this token has started getting more mentions on Twitter in 2022:
2. Trust Wallet Token (TWT) with 610K Telegram members - is a simple BEP-20 utility token that provides a range of benefits and incentives to Trust Wallet users. Trust Wallet itself is a mobile cryptocurrency wallet that supports dozens of popular native assets, in addition to popular tokens on the Ethereum, Binance, and TRON blockchains.
3. Flag Network (FLAG) with 596K Telegram members - is a combination of the best of Ethereum and sovereign blockchains and turns those into a full-fledged multi-chain system. FLAG Network is born to solve the pains that come along with Blockchains, such as high-cost on gas fees or slow speeds, without weakening the security of transactions.
As we can from today's analysis, even tokens with a price of <$0.1 can be among the most popular crypto projects in Discord and Telegram. But popularity on these platforms alone is not enough to make the right investment decision (as for PVU token, f.e).
If you are interested in getting access to these and many other dashboards with alternative data (Discord/Telegram audience, Twitter mentions, etc.), drop us a line here https://contora.ai/#contact