Hola! This is a second post in the Weekly Gainers line where we'll analyze the top 5 companies from all industries based on the growth of open job positions over the last week. In case you missed the first post, check it here: Weekly monsters: top 5 most discussed companies on Twitter over the last week. We track various indirect companies' metrics to spot the sharp increases/decreases which may affect the price of the stocks.
The number of new job positions is an important indirect metric of a company's performance which can make your investment decisions more data-driven. If the company is actively hiring new people - they're working on something new or expanding the number of their offices/shops. It may lead to vague changes in the profit figures for the next quarter.
Below you can find a list of the top 5 job openings gainers based on the data collected from Indeed and Glassdoor sources for the last week:
1. Danaher Corporation ($DHR) - is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping their customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world.
2. Verizon Communication ($VZ) - Verizon is now primarily a wireless business (more than 70% of revenue and nearly all operating income). It serves about 91 million postpaid and 4 million prepaid phone customers and connects another 25 million data devices, like tablets, via its nationwide network, making it the largest U.S. wireless carrier.
3. Under Armour ($UA) - a company that develops, markets, and distributes athletic apparel, footwear, and accessories in North America and other territories.
4. Chase Corporation ($CCF) - a leading manufacturer of protective materials for high-reliability applications.
5. Cenovus Energy ($CVE) - is a Canadian, integrated oil company. It is committed to applying fresh, progressive thinking to safely and responsibly unlock the energy resources the world needs.
As we can see from the graphs above, even such giants as Under Armour ($UA) and Verizon ($VZ) are actively looking for new staff. $VZ has 140000 employees on LinkedIn and they posted 25000 new job positions over the last 2 weeks, and approximately 15000 were posted by $UA (they have only 9000 employees on LinkedIn, so they're doubling their stuff). Let's wait for the Q4 results, I think we'll see great figures there!
Today's analysis is available here: https://contora.ai/top_companies?industry=all&growth=job openings&over=last week
Simply check other alternative data points for these companies just by clicking on their tickers above! You can also receive real-time data signals when the companies of your interest have abruptly activity around them.